The Bell P-59 Airacomet was the first american jet fighter.
It had its maiden in 1942. There where a total of 50 aircraft built in several versions, but soon be replaced bei the Lockheed P-80.
This Airplane is of interest for modelers not only e to its unique looks, but for its big wing area that makes it fly like a trainer.
So on the video you see it perform with a relatively ?weak" drive for trainer like performance, however we recommend the stronger Midi Fan evo HET 650-68-1500 drive for crisp performance.
The model was designed around our Midi Fan evo, other 90 mm will most likely not fit, since especially the ducting was optimized for the Midi Fan evo.
- All formers and ribs, 192 cnccut parts in Balsa and ply
- unique tab lock design
- Removable wings for ease of transportation
- prepared for retracts
- partly aerobatic (no rudder)
- Wingspan: approx. 1570 mm
- Length: approx. 1300 mm
- Weight: from 4.100 g
- Wing area: ca. 44 qdm
- Wing loading: from approx. 93 g/qdm
- Scale: approx. 1:8,9
- Nose wheel steering?
- Photos and instructions on CD
- Rolled full size CAD plans with all parts shown
- Vac formed canopy, nose cone, exhaust ducting, paper intakes
- All wood and sheeting to complete the P-59
- small parts like rudder horns, crews etc. are NOT included
Required to complete
- radio: from 7 channels
- Servos: 5 x 13g class with metal gears, 2 x 25g class
- Small components like screws, rudder horns etc.
- Finishing material
- glues, CA recommended
Drive recommendation by WeMoTec:
- Midi Fan evo HET 650-68-1500 (8s/80A/37N)
- ESC: 100A up to 8s, for example Jeti Mezon 120 lite
- Battery: 8S 29,6 V 4.000 - 5.000 mAh 30 C or higher (please check available room on plan first)
Who is RBC?
RBC is a reknowned dutch manufaturer of CNC milled kits.
The range includes a wide range of - mainly - unique and unusual kit designs, including Jets, Scale models, retro models and others, mainly intended for electric drives.
The kits comprise formers and ribs in CNC milled wood, and all addtl. wood needed, vac formed parts, and depending on the design pre bent undercariages.
All kits come with a very detailed plan and usually a CD with lots of pictures and 3D drawings.
There are no small components in the kits like rudder horns, bowden cables etc.
Who are the kits are intended for?
The kits are intended for modellers who not only like to fly, but see building as part of their hobby.
Some designs are with the beginner in mind, but most design are quite sophisticated and appeal more to the experienced modeller.
You should be experienced with different covering methodes and be able to properly install radio and drive on your own.
When it comes to layout for the drive, we at WeMoTec are happy to assist.
|Shipping weight:||3,50 Kg|
|Product weight:||3,00 Kg|